In this article, we will share tips to boost your productivity with Phabricator tool. Phabricator helps you collaborate with your team members on tasks/issues, code reviews, discussions etc. It is one of the rich applications in market used by world wide enterprises.
Phabricator uses the following convention/URL pattern to open task, diff or paste.
Task – https://secure.phabricator.com/T<Task_Number>
Diff – https://secure.phabricator.com/D<DiffNumber>
Paste – https://secure.phabricator.com/**P<PasteNumber>**
Using, Requestly you can setup quick actions/shortcuts to open Tasks, Diffs and Pastes in phabricator when you search T<Task_Number> in your chrome/Firefox address bar. Here’s how to do it –
- Use Regex match to identify the Task/Diff/Paste number from Google Search Query
- Redirect to corresponding Phabricator URL using Redirect Rule
Here is the exact definition for Task (If you prefer to copy paste)
Request Url -> Matches (Regex) -> /search\?q=T([0-9]+)/ig
You can do the same for Diff and Paste.
How to get/import above rule?
- Install Requestly if you have not done already.
- Open https://app.requestly.in/rules/#sharedList/1552883742989 (We have already created the rule so you can get the rule with single click)
- Click on Import List button
PS: This article is motivated by Superuser post – https://superuser.com/questions/1414946/how-can-i-create-url-shortcuts-redirects-for-task-diff-ids-in-phabricator/1414947
If you love this article (and Requestly), please consider rate us on Chrome Store.
That’s it for now! Hope you enjoyed reading it. Feel free to connect if you have any questions!