To block URLs in browser, you can use Requestly’s Cancel rule.
- Blocking Websites: You can use Cancel Rule to avoid distraction by blocking websites e.g. youtube, twitter, facebook.
- Testing error scenarios: Test your app when certain resource is not loaded. You can use Cancel rule to block a certain request which is not mandatory in your app and test how your app behaves without that specific resource.
Use Requestly browser extension to block URL
To block a URL create a Cancel rule in Requestly:
- Install Requestly’s browser extension.
- Click Create your first rule and go to Cancel Request and click Create Rule.
- Enter the URL condition to block.
- Source Condition: Source condition is where you set criteria for the rules. You can use
Equalsto match the source request. Learn more about source conditions here.
- Source Filters : You can define better targeting conditions and restrict rules to be applied on specific webpages (or domains), request types, request methods, or request payload. Learn more about source filters here.